November 13, 2020
Commercial Sales Engineer
About the Company
ZenKey represents an innovative collaboration between the three major U.S. wireless carriers: AT&T, T-Mobile and Verizon. This network-based identity solution uses multiple authentication and authorization factors—including network signals unique to a user’s mobile carrier—to not only verify a user’s device, but also allow service providers to verify a user access request and confirm a unique message related to a transaction or event initiated with a service provider.
ZenKey is an equal opportunity employer. For more info on the company, please visit myzenkey.com.
Atlanta, GA (preferable), otherwise remote home-based office
The Commercial Sales Engineer is a unique role that requires the candidate to manage the technical selling aspects of new services through partnership with the commercial program manager, sales team, product and onboarding teams. The goal of this position is to drive acceleration of revenue and successful market adoption with not only direct customers but also partner lead and reseller distribution channels. This position acts as a liaison between external technology partners, resellers, customers, sales team and internal stakeholders to improve buyer interactions, understand and provide technical product-based customer feedback, and ultimately a feedback loop to stabilize the end-to-end sales and technical process to drive service integrations and sales. The ideal candidate for this position likely has prior successful sales, engineering and technical development experience with specific focus on access management solutions, security, knowledge of industry standards, programming and coding.
- Build relationships with and act as the main point of contact for partners, resellers and customers interested in ZenKey services that drive collaborative discussions and coordination with the ZenKey product team as input to the strategic product road map and product improvements.
- Process and solicit customer feedback, be aware of and seek out market trends and information on competitive services to shape internal reports and presentations.
- Be able to host and perform demos of ZenKey services in a technical capacity to include troubleshooting and demonstrating integration and technical flows.
- Act as a liaison between internal stakeholders to include product, technical, security, legal and other stakeholders to educate customers on services and ensure accuracy when developing integration, sales and marketing plans as input to contracts.
- Project manage, track and maintain a dashboard of Identity Services customer tracking through the end-to-end sales cycle.
- Assist sales team in responding to and presenting product overviews, requests for pricing, questionnaires, and contracts and proposals to customers.
- Maintain and track status of negotiations to keep key stakeholders, including executives, up to date on a defined interval basis of deployments across distribution channels.
- Define risks and communicate escalations effectively with relevant stakeholders to resolve contractual and service-level inquiries quickly.
- Partner with attorneys, sales, sales operations, finance, security and other stakeholder teams to drive closure of agreements of Identity Services, plus lead and/or resale programs to retire revenue objectives.
- Attend customer meetings to resolve product and/or technical questions. Perform training and technical demonstrations of products with customers and pre-sale engineers.
- Contribute as a team player to help maximize the value of the commercial team as an effective, respected and valued sales enablement resource to drive revenue for ZenKey.
- Undergraduate degree or graduate in a technical area of expertise, computer science, cybersecurity.
- 7+ years of relevant experience in technical access management, security or relevant area of expertise.
- Project management skills and the ability to create high-level and detailed status reports regarding technical sales, integration and negotiation progress on a weekly basis.
- Ability to review and analyze technical plans and provide feedback to product or other stakeholders to drive successful adoption and use of ZenKey services.
- Knowledge of data security and data privacy.
- Practical business judgment with a highly responsive, client service-oriented attitude.
- Excellent, clear, concise and timely communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Demonstrated track record of establishing strong, collaborative relationships with sales, customer and partners.
- Good judgment, integrity and strong organizational skills and attention to details.
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure to meet specific deadlines while staying highly aligned with multiple stakeholders.
- Experienced in the use of and application of technical standards (e.g., NIST, OIDC, OAuth, etc.).
- Ambitious go-getter willing to roll up their sleeves; team-oriented and dedicated to achieving and exceeding expectations.
- Prior experience working in a startup organization.
How to Apply
To apply for this position please send your resume/CV and a cover letter to email@example.com